When it comes to replacing windshields, there are two routes you can take. The first being an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) windscreen, and the second being what is called an aftermarket windshield. The choice between both of these windshield replacements is completely your choice. Here is a brief rundown of the differences between these two options.
- Created to the manufacturer’s specific specifications
- Identical windshield that was originally installed on vehicle
- Built specifically for your vehicle / model
- Built slightly different from manufacturer’s requirements
- Manufactured by a company that may not be contracted with a vehicle making company
- Tends to be a less expensive option
- Better materials and quality than the OEM windscreens